Sunday, October 28, 2007

Easy Ridin'

Classic motorcycles are more than Harley-Davidsons. Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha, as well as Triumph, BMW and Moto Guzzi - and others - built some notable machines over the years. This blog is to celebrate all those bikes, riders, and the many miles they've ridden.

The Red Bagger, an '83 FLHC Electra Glide Classic.

I personally love old Harley-Davidsons…the ones with engines called Ironhead or Shovelhead. I like to ride them, to wrench on them, and to keep the old iron on the road. I appreciate bobbers, choppers, and customs - - and I love “survivors” of the Motor Company’s stock designs. But I've owned and enjoyed Honda and Kawasaki machines, too.

This is a new blog talking about riding, adventures, wrenching, and restoring, and whatever comes to mind about classic motorcycles. If you're looking for the latest chrome, black leather and nekkid girls, you need to click elsewhere. Otherwise, I hope you come along for the ride.

I am looking to post interviews with classic motorcycle people - historians, celebrity riders, adventurers, and other interesting folks. And, if you've got something to contribute, you're welcome to send it to the e-mail above.

It’s a fact: Only a motorcyclist knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Above: Mrs. Bagger and me
with my '77 XLT "Baby Dresser".

No comments: